Tuesday 7 July 2009

Rant.

Nothing has gone smoothly today. Well, I've only really done one thing today... but that didn't go smoothly. Everything was late and for a change it wasn't me!

Went to the job centre. My appointment was at 2:40. I got there stupidly early at like 2:00. I looked at the jobs on the machines and stuff... but I had to wait until 3:00 for my appointment. First they lost my thingy with paper shizz in it and then there was some kind of kerfuffle where they were really behind with new claims (I have to get someone to call the people tomorrow to see if mine has gone through yet). So I had to wait another year or so. I then had to talk to a bitch who looked down her nose at me, was really quite horrible and implied I was lying about the fact I've been looking for a job. I haven't been. I just haven't found anything that I can realistically do at the moment. She was trying to tell me that there's no reason why I can't be on my feet for 8 hours a day lifting things. It's like 'HELLOOOO- I'm 25 weeks pregnant, already getting all uncomfortable and stuff and I'm just going to get pregnanter!' Bitch! I don't like having to be on benefits and stuff, I'm only doing this because I have literally no money at the moment. Thing is, I'll be eligible for other stuff in a few weeks and I don't want to be jumping through stupid little hoops to get JSA. Realistically, nobody is going to employ me at the moment and it's a waste of my time. Yeah, I want a job, but if I didn't have to do all this crap I'd wait until the baby is at least a few months old to start looking. MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! So yeah, She was a bitch.
To top it all off, I was waiting a very long time for a taxi that never turned up.

RAWR! Anyhow, even though job hunting is futile, I'm going to try to find something anyway. I need to work out how to make myself sound good on a CV. I have no other achievements apart from my GCSEs and no previous job experience.

Heh, this blog is weird... it's all serious and about grown-uppy shizz... Scary!

I'll update soon with something more light-hearted! XD

4 comments:

Aliquant said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aliquant said...

**warning: grown-up comment alert**
What about voluntary shizz? Your local hospital would want volunteers to help run the bookstall (or coffee shop, or those weird clothes stalls they have in hospitals), who would understand pregnantness. Or a charity shop, obvious and maybe boring but it would go well on your CV and you could be honest up front that at the moment you can only commit to a few weeks, tell them you might do more after baby's born.
Or, infant and junior schools are always looking for parents and friends to listen to the kids read, could you ask someone about doing that? You could stay sitting down for that, and it's actually quite fun (I've done it a few times for different reasons)
/ends grownupness

By the way, re: your last blog post, have you managed to do a poo yet?!

Unknown said...

XD I've already been looking for voluntary shizzle! =D I've been looking at shizz I could do on a website a careersy person gave me a few weeks ago... I think I'm gonna stay away from shizz in hospitals though- I don't like hospitals... but yeah, I need something to put on my CV so that when I start properly looking for a job (instead of half-looking so I can get a little bit of money) my CV will look less pathetic... Voluntary shizz definitely seems like the way forward.
Blehhh- got 3 proper jobs I have to apply for if I want JSA. I know it's super-unlikely, but if I do happen to get one of the jobs, I wont be able to get the sure start maternity grant thingy or anything... everything was going smoothly until the bitch yesterday started being bitchy. XD

And yups... I have defecated quite a few times since the last thing! XD =D

Aliquant said...

Hurrah for defecation! XD

Turn up late to the interviews, sniff and grunt throughout, wear crappy clothes and tell them you're only there to get your JSA thingy - they';l; never give you the jobs that way! ;)