Wednesday 15 July 2009

Harry Potter (don't read if you don't like spoilers)!


I went to see Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince tonight. It was awesome! There was some stuff missed out, but there always is. The film was complete enough to not butcher the story.

Dumbledore's body had no blood on it and it seemed to be in quite good condition (apart from the whole being dead thing). Which was kind of silly considering how far he fell after he was avada kedavraified by Snape... It was like Mufasa's death (from the lion king) all over again!

The camera guys seemed to have an obsession with Ron's crotch. I also loved how it was as innuendo filled as The Hoobs. They made the dodginess of Harry and Dumbledore's relationship very obvious, which delighted me because it's obvious in the books. I think the film-makers had been reading lots of fanfics or something. Twas great!

There were a few similarites to Lord Of The Rings... Dumbledore looked more Gandalf-like than usual (a lot more than in the other films) and the inferi in the water looked very Gollum-like. At one point it looked like Harry was being bummed by gollum. XD

There was a scene that didn't feel right because it was way too much like Sweeney Todd... I think it was because Alan Rickman, Helena Bonham Carter and Timothy Spall were in a room together. Mmm... Helena Bonham Carter! <3

Oooohh... and it was hilarious when Harry had taken the felix felicis... I definitely want some of that stuff! =D

But yeah... hoobygroovy film... although I still stick to my belief that the Harry Potter books are a zillion times better than the films... I can't wait to see how the film of The Deathly Hallows turns out.

Gosh, I think I'm going to go to sleep now. I'm sleepy and wayyy too full of popcorn. Blah, blah, blahhh... I might write some more Potterishness tomorrow.

1 comment:

Aliquant said...

XD glad you had a good time! *PZWP*