Monday 3 August 2009

Degus, bog-monsters and vampires,


I'm so proud of Morrissey (the degu)! On Wednesday morning I have to take him to the vets. He has to have put on weight by then. Assuming my scales measure grams the same as the ones in the vets, I'm pretty sure he's put on about 15 grams since Thursday or Friday or whenever he went there! He weighed 155g in the vets, yesterday he weighed 168g and today he weighs 171 grams... I think! He's hard to measure, as the number on the scales changes if he moves even just a little bit! He's started taking his new (and apparently vile tasting) medicine very well. Mixing it up in his food and spoon feeding him it was definitely a good idea! =]

Both goos seem quite cheerful tonight. Earlier on, Morrissey was sitting on my hand being fed and making his happy noise, whilst Miyavi was playfully rolling a thingy of hay around the cage. It made me to happy to see them both so happy and to see Morrissey eating. Every time I see him eat anything at the moment is great because I know he's eating and probably isn't going to lose any more weight. =]

Tried some of the mushy degu shizz I've been feeding Morrissey this morning. I thought the smell was quite appealing and had to try some for myself. It tasted just like porridge, but a little bit weird. I wasn't too impressed with the weird tasting bit of it and I wasn't sure what some of the ingredients were, so I had two bowls of porridge to satisfy my degu food craving... They really are freakishly similar!

Ooohh... I went to my auntie's house this afternoon. Apparently I scarred my cousin-type-thing for life... Oops... Apparently she flushes the toilet really quickly and runs out as fast as she can whenever she uses the toilet because of a stupid little story about 'bog monsters' I told her in the graveyard when I was about 13 and she was about 6. I feel kind of guilty about it, but it's fucking hilarious!

Tomorrow will be super-busy... I have to have my anti-d injection. I have to have my blood stolen and tested for things tomorrow too as I keep freaking out about getting the blood stolen after the incident a couple of weeks ago. Because there's so much shizz that needs doing, I'm worried I'll be in the hospital for a very long time. I have to go to the job centre to 'sign on' in the early afternoon. Thankfully, it'll be the last time I have to do that (I think). The people at the job centre are twats apart from like one person there! I need to find time in the hospital to ask what they actually do with the blood after testing it for things. I'm certain they are vampires, especially after the midwife joked about being one... but I want to know for sure what they really do with all the blood!

Hoobletoodledoo!

1 comment:

DepressionFromNowhere said...

Pretty sure it just goes in a bin with the rest of the medical waste (gloves, etc)