Friday 19 February 2010

PANCAKEDAYBLOG:PART2!

Last night J, my 11 year old cousin stayed at my flathousethingy. We had another pancake day! I know it was a couple of days late, but hey ho! This time I actually took some photos! =D

 
It started off quite well...

 

Then it started to go a little wrong...

 

The pancakes went all burnt and looked disgusting... They actually tasted quite nice!

 

We had lots of fun flipping them. I was a lot better at the whole flipping thing than J so I decided to a) give her a flipping lesson, and b) show off. Showing off was a bad idea. I was flipping stuff almost to the ceiling and it was going quite well until I simultaneously tried to flip a pancake really high and take a photo of the pancake at the same time. My concentration died and SPLAT...



Pancake mush on the floor! It happened twice! Personally I think I looks more like a brain than a blob of pancake mush... I ended up stepping in it and getting the steps outside covered in pancakeage.

I got a little pissed off at how wrong it was going so I kicked the bottom of the cooker...

 It broke... Luckily I managed to fix it. 

 

We made a lot of mess. The picture is of what I like to call 'pancake shavings'. I cleaned everything up though! It may have gone horribly wrong, but it was actually quite fun and even though the pancakes looked disgusting, they tasted rather yummy! I blame the fact that we used pancake mix... Making pancakes from scratch is a zillion and one times easier! I'm glad I didn't leave the room at all while we were making pancakes. J kept turning the gas thingy so if she had left it loads of gas would have gone into the room. WE COULD HAVE ACTUALLY DIEDED! Every time I noticed it I quickly had to search for my lighter and light the cooker (yeah, the thingy that makes a spark or whatever to make fire isn't working, so I have to use my lighter). I'm surprised my hands aren't completely frazzled as I had to do that quite a few times!


But yes, now I finally have pancake pics! =D

2 comments:

lannen said...

hehe, awesome

DepressionFromNowhere said...

Wow looks like you had heaps of fun!

xDFNx