Friday 16 October 2009

R.I.P. Maisy. =[


R.I.P Maisy.
March 2009 - October 2009.
<3

There was a phone call at nine o clock this morning. It was the vet to say Maisy had died during the night. They had tried their best to save her and there was apparently someone with her most of the night.

When she came home from the vets, she was wrapped in a tissuey thing. I know it sounds stupid, but I thought she deserved to be wrapped in some proper fabric. I'm glad I decided to change what she was wrapped in. It makes me feel a little better now that I've seen her body. It was a chance to say goodbye. I stroked her for about 10 minutes. She still looked beautiful even though she was dead.

Her body was all sprawled out, but she looked kind of peaceful. One of her eyes looked like it was stuck together with blood. The other just looked like she was sleeping. I wrapped her up with the sleeping eye facing upwards. Her body was very, very cold and stiff. For some reason her ears weren't. Apart from her being dead, she was the same old Maisy. When I was wrapping her up in the black fabric, it was really difficult to wrap up her head. It felt wrong. Eventually I managed to force myself to wrap up her whole body. I put her in a little box with birds and stuff on it.

I put a load of sunflower seeds in the box. Maisy liked sunflower seeds. I also wrote her a letter. I bought a plant pot and put some chrysanthenums and cyclomen in it. I also planted some dwarf iris bulbs too and hopefully they should grow in the spring. Maisy is buried in the box inside the soil. We had a little funeral for her.

I'm going to print off a photo of her or something and make some form of memorial thing with her name and stuff on it to put in the pot.

I'm going to really miss her. She was an awesome gerbil. She always used to jump straight into my hand and she liked to climb inside my clothes. She really shouldn't have died this young. =[

2 comments:

Aliquant said...

Sorry ziggyyy, she was such a lovely little gerbil. I think what you've done with the flowers and everything is lovely, and I'm glad you got to spend some time with her.
*snuggles Doris* :13329:

goddess22111967 said...

wow, here am I in Australia, crying about Maisy. I think what you did was beautiful, and it must have been so hard. ((BIGHUG)) Lissy